Contrary to the popular opinion, beards are growing popular day by day. A lot of men opt to keep them because they are manly, good-looking if kept well-groomed and honestly, they’ll grow anyway. They’re not restricted to the dominion of some hipsters, as many thinks. Whether you decide to grow beards or not, the beard growth capability influences your look anyway. The look of a shaved man gifted with the ability to grow the full beard is not similar to those who can’t. This is where the best beard growth oil kicks in.
Men should have rights to be able to have idiosyncratic looks and styles, be it letting the face fluff grow, or having just a trimmed, personalized beard. But frankly, you can’t grow something you don’t have, and people say its only genetic for those who can’t. Is that really the case? Or having a beard growth oil accelerates the process? In this article, we’ll explain it all.
Comparison Table Of Best Beard Growth Oil 2018
Do Beard Growth Oils Work?
Is it all hormonal? Or do beard oil helps growth? While a large part of growing beard is purely hormonal, you can accelerate the process by using growth oil.Let me explain a bit, the beard growth oils contain a substance called Minoxidil, which was previously used in treating high blood pressure. But during the process, people were seen to have hair growth and hair regeneration. Later, Minoxidil started to be considered as a substance that can grow hair, with some satisfactory case studies as well.
However, the good news comes with a catch. Yes, Minoxidil helps grow the existing hair glands healthier and at a better rate, there’s nothing much it can do where hair glands are totally absent. For many people, hair follicles are there, and they only need a stimulus to start growing. In that case, beard growth oils will yield you a satisfactory performance.While some men are having difficulties growing beards, for some the furs are running wild (what a sweet dilemma!). For them, beard oils will help soften the beards, help them grow healthier and prevent skin irritation. An often-ignored weapon for men, beard oils will scent up your beards and help yourself look manly.
Do Beard Growth Supplements Work?
As the popularity of beard increases, more and more men are looking for supplements that can grow beards. Some companies are capitalizing on this need and coming on the market with supplements that can ‘grow the beards’. However, most of them aren’t as effective as they claim to be. There are some vitamins that have been found to help with growing hair follicles. They are vitamin B12, vitamin D, niacin, and biotin. There are supplements that show some good results, like Beardalizer.
How Can I Make My Beard Grow?
Some men enjoy the privilege of fast-growing beard, while others struggle with slow-growing stubble on the face. Although the growth of beard depends on genetics, for the most part, there is something you can do to maximize the result.
Many men hate exfoliating their face and can go on for a long time without doing so. But the dead cells and grime can slow your beard-growing process. Cleaning the face through scrubs of exfoliants at least a week will help with growing healthy beard.
Get plenty of rest and sleep. Healthy foods are known to help with the overall growth of your body, not to mention the beards. Keep your skin clean. You can use any good cleaner, especially something containing eucalyptus extract. Taking biotin and vitamin B supplements are also known to help.
Manage your stress. Stress yields negative impact on the body, and make you look older. Staying stress-free actually improves living quality. You can try exercise. Exercising improves blood circulation to the whole body, including your face, which helps with growing beard.
How To Thicken Your Beard
There is a popular belief, which is frequent shaving can help your beard grow thicker. But that’s not actually true because they won’t bring them at a rapid rate. You should actually leave them alone if you want the best result. Letting you beard grow is the best way you can thicken your beards. Obviously, for some men, the growth won’t be constant. Not all the hairs on the face will grow at the same rate. But you have to be patient in that case, because you can manage them later. People with slower beard growth rate can explain the beard come a little bit stiff, that’s part of the process. In case of itching, take advice from the doctor about using a hydrocortisone cream.
When To Use Beard Oil?
Many people think using beard growth oil isn’t necessary if you have a thick beard already. This is a misconception because the benefits of beard growth oil aren’t confined to just grow them. The best beard oil for growth will also have a good moisturizing capability, along with a soothing aroma. Whether your beard is trying to come out or already full grown, beard growth oil can help them stay strong, healthy and attractive. For best result, you should apply on a daily basis. There isn’t any specific time associated with this, just use it when the climate, occasion, and skin feel right.
How To Apply Beard Oil?
Before applying beard oil, we recommend you clean your face with a good facial cleanser. This will help to remove the dead cells and dirt that keep gathering on your face. You can splash 2-3 drops of oil in your palm and apply to the beard thoroughly. Do not just apply them on the top part of the beard, rather start with the base and come towards the end if your beard is long. To ensure the oil is distributed evenly on the beard, you can use a beard brush. That’ll also help with removing the dead skin cells.
How To Choose The Right Beard Oil
Check The Label
Almost all the brands claim that they have the best beard oil in the world. Well, we are not taking away their right to claim, but we need to be careful. There are many versions of beard growth oils, such as premium, economical or cheap. You might be tempted to think that premium ones are the ultimate ones, but that’s not always the case. The ingredients used in the oil defines which one is the most effective. In that case, a clear and visible ingredients list on the bottle can help you. The general rule is, if you don’t see any label citing the ingredients, it’s better to stay away from that. You don’t know what that is and what is the result that’ll bring, right? A top-rated beard oil should contain ingredients like Jojoba and Argan.
Avoid Synthetic Ingredients
If you go for the cheaper options that are out there, there is a chance you’ll end up buying oil containing synthetic ingredients, like silicon. Those components are false in their claim of growing beard, and often do not offer you any extra benefit.
Look For The Ingredients
Vitamin E is known to give your beard growing a little acceleration and helping in growing them softer and stronger. Therefore, checking if the oil has vitamin E extracts is a good thing. Oils containing Argan have already vitamin E contained naturally, so don’t just leave it yet if you don’t see the name. Additionally, oils containing grapeseed and almonds extract along with vitamin E will help you with the strength of the beards.
Yes, many of us like to carry a bottle of oil with us, the privilege isn’t just entitled to women. Whether you go for an interview or a date, keeping a beard oil with you can come handy, helping you to come up with a fresher look. In that case, you can choose the size depending on how they fit in your pocket. There are some sizes can be accommodated in your palm. They might not be the most economical, but they’re portable and helps when it matters. Those who have full grown beards and use it mostly from home, should opt for economy packs instead of small bottles.
It depends on your preference. Many men like to have fragrance in their oil, be it cedar, lemon or pine that’ll softly spread around. Most of the products on the market mention which fragrance they come in, helping you to decide. Some men use it just for the main purpose, growing beard. In that case, oils not containing any fragrance are there. They’ll help with the growth and soften of the beards but won’t spread any aroma.
If your skin has a problem coping with normal beard growing oils, or any type of oil, tend to go oily and acne-prone, then there are some special brands that can help you with that. There are light oils made of hazelnut, jojoba and just the necessary ingredients that won’t affect your skin. You can just apply them and forget them afterward.
Top 7 Best Beard Oil Reviews
1. Prophet and Tools Unscented Beard Oil and Comb Gift Kit
- Ingredients- Jojoba, Aloe Vera, Chamomile, Vitamin-E.
- Specialty- Fragrance-free, Total beard upkeep, Comb, and e-book included.
Prophet and Tools are the all in one beard oil you look for…no, you crave for. Not only it helps grow those hair follicles yet to bloom, but also take care of your grown beards. Made of 100% organic ingredients, this one is nuts free, alcohol-free and appropriate for vegans. The oil comes as a beard growers kit, which includes a 30 ml super portable bottle, beard comb for those clogged beards and even a beard care e-book. Just the complete kit if you are on a journey to grow beards.
What We Like
- The oil contains all the necessary ingredients any top beard oil should have, which includes Jojoba, Aloe Vera, Vitamin- E and chamomile oil. The oil comes unscented, some men prefer it that way.
- While Jojoba and Vitamin E help with skin nutrition and beard growth, chamomile helps with soothing the itchy feelings growing beards can cause. Aloe Vera aid in making the beard shiny, lively and string.
- The oil is a complete package. It’s affordable, portable and organic, truly the best beard oil for beginners. If you have dry skin, you’ll find comfort in this oil, no more annoying knot, unattractive split ends and parched beards.
2. Beard Farmer -Growther Beard Growth Oil
- Ingredients- Lavender oil, sage oil, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, ylang-ylang oil, castor oil, cedarwood oil, grapefruit oil thyme oil and cypress oil.
- Specialty- Subtle fragrance, Ingredient rich, Beard growth stimulant.
Growther Beard Growth Oil is one of the best beard oils you can go for if you want a healthy and silky beard. You will also get conditioner oils when you purchase it, which will keep your beard fresh and thick.The beard oil itself is a mixture of several other oils, like castor oil, peppermint oil, etc. and these are added in just the right amounts. The blend of oils is in such a proportion, that they increase blood circulation and capillary strength, stimulating the follicles for hair growth. These also help to thicken hair.The Growther Beard Oil uses three carrier oils, consisting of olive oil, avocado oil, and castor oil. These also act as excellent moisturizers and are extracted naturally. You’ll also receive three different conditioner oils. The beard oil also gives off a sweet aromatic smell.
What We Like
- The perfect combination of oils added causes super-fast growth of a thicker and fuller beard. This growth oil is one of the strongest beard oils on the market is known to aid in beard growth.
- The natural conditioners act as moisturizers on the beard which reduces dryness and spikes, beard dandruff and also itchiness. Acts as both moisturizer and container, resembling the characteristics of Olive oil, Castor oil, and Avocado Oil.
- The oil comes ingredients rich with a total of 9 components. No other beard growth oil assembles this much versatile ingredient. Despite being rich, this oil is mild on skin, while not falling short in thickening facial hair and increasing blood circulation.
3. Beard Flux XL-Caffeine Beard Growth Stimulating Oil for Facial Hair Grow
- Ingredients- Moroccan argan oil, Jojoba, Amla, Caffeine extract.
- Specialty- Fragrance-free, Total beard upkeep, Lifetime guarantee.
Slow growth? Sparse beard? Patchy mustache? Beard Flux XL is the one-stop solution for all. Beard flux, the best natural beard oil comes with no fragrances, unnecessary fillers, parabens or GMOs, but highly effective. The oil has a caffeine enhanced base, which is one of a kind and helps with faster beard growth.Among other necessary ingredients, Argan, Jojoba, Amla was used. This quick-acting formula easily blends with your beard and prevent those itchy feelings. The Beard Flux XL comes in a portable pint size bottle with a dropper attached, so the usage is completely under your control.
What We Like
- 100% cold pressed Moroccan argan was used in this oil. The ingredient is rich in antioxidants and vitamin E, which will hydrate, soften your beard. Coming with a perfect travel sized bottle, you can just keep this baby in your pocket.
- The product embodies the confidence of its manufacturers. The Delta genesis offers a complete refund if you don’t get the desired result. So, are people loving it? A whopping 4.7 rating on Amazon says they are.
- Made in the USA, comes with selective and necessary ingredients, no filler. The caffeine-induced formula is something never introduced before and it proved quite effective for those yet to come hair follicles.
4. Smooth Viking Beard Oil For Men
- Ingredients- Jojoba oil, Moroccan Argan oil, Castor oil, Avocado oil, Olive oil, Sweet almond oil, pumpkin seed oil and Vitamin-E.
- Specialty- Subtle scent, Ingredient rich, Best value beard oil.
The Smooth Viking Beard Oil is an amazing beard oil which helps to make your beard silkier and much easier to manage. The kit also comes with Balm and Conditioner, which will ensure the healthiness of your beard.The beard oil consists of very high-quality butter and oils, like Argan oil, avocado oil, and Jojoba oil, along with sweet almond oil and Vitamin E. Moreover, all these are obtained naturally, assuring the good quality.The oil also gives off a very genuine scent. Its texture is pretty light, and it mixes with the beard easily.You’ll also receive a dropper, so you can use just the amount of oil you need. Therefore, less maintenance is needed and only a few drops will be enough to do your work. The ingredients used are very powerful and effective too.
What We Like
- The high-quality ingredients relieve itching and also help to grow the beard. Since the ingredients used a pretty effective, putting on only a small amount can help you style your beard perfectly.
- It requires low maintenance, and the oil blends in the beard easily. The bottle comes with a dropper attached. So, the oil can be applied in just the right amount without any difficulty.
- The Smooth Viking beard oil blends immediately when applied to the beard, thanks to the lightness of the oil. After application, you’ll smell a gentle natural aroma, like the one comes from woods. Not too aggressive, but enough to revive people around you.
5. Ultimate Men’s Gold Beard Oil By Inglorious Fuzz
- Ingredients- Pure, Unrefined jojoba oil, Moroccan argan oil, Chamomile oil, Aloe Vera.
- Specialty- Delicate fragrance, Total beard upkeep, Lifetime guarantee.
With great beard comes great responsibility. You might like that masculine look on your face, but that doesn’t mean your beard have to be dry, itchy and muddled. Ultimate Men’s Gold Beard Oil By Inglorious Fuzz gives you the salon like feeling at home, and the pleasing yet subtle scent will glorify your presence.The Gold beard oil comes with an all-natural formula designed by its own barbers. This oil is hypoallergenic and rich in nutrients that are gentle, safe and 100% herbal. Those slow growing, dull, disruptive beards will get a whole new look after you apply it.
What We Like
- This is a completely natural, non-toxic, a cruelty-free product which can be used by any man, be it a full-beardo, or a carefully trimmed guy.
- This cheap beard oil has no lack of quality, pure, unrefined jojoba and argan oil which makes it a perfect moisturizer and hair growth stimulator.
- This one comes with an aroma, but not those acute, weird scents. The delicate, subtle fragrance will lionize your presence in the parties, interviews or…dates.
- The product acts as both a growth stimulator and a conditioner. Coming with a lifetime guarantee, you can return the product if you don’t like, but the users don’t seem to be interested in returning.
6. Honest Amish - Classic Beard Oil - 2oz
- Ingredients- Avocado Oil, Moringa Oil, Golden Jojoba Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Virgin Aragon Oil, Kukui Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Virgin Pumpkin Seed Oil.
- Specialty- Ingredients rich, Cost-effective, Subtle fragrance.
Not only it comes with a gentle aroma, Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil possess all the necessary traits of the best beard oil for men. And why wouldn’t it? Beard has been part of the Amish culture for generations, and their products are among top selling items on Amazon.This truly natural and handcrafted beard oil is a blend of 7 mighty oils. Each of them serves a purpose and together they make this better than an oil. The Honest Amish takes care of itching and dead cells, stimulates the growth of beards, hydrates the existing ones.The oil comes with a gentle smell, a bit difficult to describe. But, users defined it as a mixture of cloves and liquorice, making it the best smelling beard oil.
What We Like
- This is a carrier beard oil, with a mixture of 7 oils, rich in nutrients and minerals. From necessary oils like Jojoba and Argon to rare oil like Kukui, which is imported from Hawaii, the oils provide solutions for each and every face hair and face skin problems.
- The oil is handcrafted and made in the USA and has been popular among ever since it was introduced. While most of the oils come with 2-3 ingredients, this one comes with more than 7 ingredients at the expense of a normal beard oil.
- You can ask for a full refund in case you don’t like it, but with quality like this, we rather see yourself ordering the next pack in a few days.
7. Leven Rose Beard Oil
- Ingredients- Jojoba Oil, Moroccan Argan Oil.
- Specialty- Highly popular, Non-scented, Vegan-friendly.
Leven Rose is one of the best-selling beard oils on Amazon, and despite having over 4.5K+ reviews, the rating is quite impressive at 4.5+. This is a suitable beard for both beginners and veterans. The oil comes with a rather simpler formula, with only 2 ingredients, organic jojoba, and Moroccan argan oil. This makes it a safe choice, being a natural, filler-free, synthetic free oil.Leven Rose provides you with a respectable beard while helping them moisturize, stay dandruff free, clog free. The oil comes in a convenient glass bottle along with a stopper, so that you can control how much you want every time you apply the oil.
What We Like
- This is a cruelty-free, vegan-friendly oil that can be used by everyone, every culture, every ethnicity. The oil comes fragrance-free for those who like the simple and unscented aura.
- Free from additional additives, the jojoba and argan oil helps eliminate itching, grow the beard, while keeping the grow ones hydrated and lively. You’ll feel a quick change in softness and tameness of your beard after applying it.
- This is one of the top-selling beard oils due to the low price and convenience it comes with. The dropper helps you with determining the quantity. The Leven Rose is simple to use and soaks in rapidly to treat your dull, divided, bristly beards.
The benefits of using beard oils don’t just end with helping to grow beards, they also help with maintaining the beards, soften them, shine them and adorn them with good smell. However, you need to be consistent with the use of the growth oils. You need to be regular in applying them, you have to use them on a daily basis if you want some positive results. Using them irregularly isn’t going to cut it, unfortunately. Like any other parts of your body, the beards need your attention. Perhaps more than others, because your face is the first thing people notice about you.
Even though you know how to make beard oil, we recommend that you just buy one with the right ingredients. That’s easier and that’ll save you lots of hassle. The best beard growth oil might vary according to your preference. In our best beard growth oil review, we didn’t cut those cheap, unknown oils any slack. We have reviewed the ones with a good reputation, convincing ingredients and satisfactory reviews. Hopefully, you do not have to go through tons of inferior products and their reviews, as you have this extensive guide. Happy Bearding!!